Thursday, June 4, 2009

New Lawn!

So for the last three weeks, it has been crazy trying to move and get settled into the new house. It's still a little caotic so there are no new inside pictures but I did take some from the outside. Here's the story that goes with them.
Last week Paul and I made the decision to not get new living room furniture like we had talked about before we moved. Instead, we decided that we needed to deal with the front yard. Paul could handle the back but the front was going to be way to much for him to deal with on his own or with the help of some hired hands (aka: students we trust to do it right).
A good family freind recommened a landscaper, Kris Lawler, who lives in our neighborhood. He has been absolutly wonderful!
Yesterday, he had a crew come out and re-grade the whole front yard and even fixed the sink hole on the side yard where the septic tank and pump are. He totally fixed the drainage problem we were going to have and tried to level it off as much as he could.
This morning at 5:00 am, the centiped sod was delivered. I only know this because I had been awake since Paul got up at 3 for a bathroom break, then again at 4ish when Annie was growling at the garbage truck and then again with the sod truck. At 6:00am there was a tractor running around the front yard and 4 guys already working.
I don't know what time they actually finished the yard but at 10:30am there were almost to the street. It looks AMAZING!!!! And I'm so glad that we did it. I think that I'm going to try and talk Paul into getting a couple more pallets and doing the side yard where the garage is.
Enjoy the latest set of pictures!


The front of the house from the street. Doesn't it look great?!
Oh! I forgot. There mound of dirt is where we are going to put up a retaining wall and have a flower bed. It's actually where they had to cut down the clump trees after they killed them all off by buring the septic lines in between them all.




I just think this says it all about our builder. Three weeks after we move in and the numbers for the house still haven't been put on. Yes, that is blue painters tape holding them to the front of the house.

Rhiannon :)

1 comment: